It is important to follow all the safety procedures and traffic regulations. This goes for drivers, bicyclists, motorists and pedestrians on the road as well. All must follow and obey rules and regulations stated in the Code of Virginia section on motor vehicles. It also has an outline or summary of Virginia pedestrian and bicycle laws.
So if you are just learning to drive, walking on a pavement, bicycling or even driving a motorbike, it is essential to learn the rules, regulations and the most common safe practices on the paths, roads, highways, and trails in the State of Virginia. Everyone shares the road, whether they ride a bike, walk, or drive. It is necessary for everyone to be able to safely travel in Virginia without endangering the lives of others. Driving is crucial for people who want to travel from one place to another in as less time as possible. People who don’t have a car or can’t drive, are left with the option to walk or do bicycling to keep the air clean. However, as everyone uses roads, everyone should know and recognize that pedestrians, motorists, and bicyclists have the same responsibilities and rights. It is important to know about the law and how to interact with motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians on the road. As everyone would know the law, it would further make the sharing of the road much safer and predictable.
Guidelines for Drivers to Know and Obey
For anyone who is trying to reduce weight, bicycling can be the best option to do so. Most of the time, bicycles are hidden from commercial vehicles on the road. For ensuring their safety, here is a list of guidelines and rules, which must be obeyed by both – bicyclists and drivers. Some of these rules are specifically for the drivers of commercial vehicles.
- All drivers must obey all traffic signals, lights, signs, and
(especially when it comes to zebra crossings)
- It is necessary for the bicyclist to ride on the safer right side of the road with traffic
- While turning, it is important to use the motor vehicle turn lanes, while also ensuring that there is no other vehicle turning right with you.
- It is important to call all pedestrians who are approaching from behind.
- All drivers must also ensure to use hand signals for turns or stops to notify pedestrians or bicyclists who are approaching from behind.
- It is necessary for drivers to look left – right and then left again vigilantly to avoid any fatal crashes.
- The drivers must not wear earphones in both ears, which can restrict them from hearing traffic sounds
As these guidelines and rules go by, there are guidelines and responsibilities for pedestrians as well. Here are just a few of them.
- Pedestrians must attentively watch out for other pedestrians, motorist, and bicyclist, and make sure that they too can see you
- It is very necessary for pedestrians to be always alert while crossing and avoid using mobile phones
- Pedestrians must always choose to use sidewalks and crosswalks wherever it is available and possible
It is necessary for everyone to be attentive, predictable and protective for one another on the road.